Turkey—Interior Ministry Announces New Op Against PKK In Hakkari Province

Hurriyet | 01/14/2020

The Turkish Interior Ministry says it has launched a new counterterrorism operation in the southeastern Hakkari province, reports the Hurriyet Daily News (Ankara). A total of 825 gendarmerie and police personnel are participating in Operation Kapan-3, the ministry said on Monday. Initial missions identified four shelters and uncovered 17 improvised explosive devices (IEDs), three grenades and a Kalashnikov rifle.  The interior ministry previously announced similar operations in the...
 

Like what you're reading? Become a member.

To become a member, please call 888-275-2264 or click here to
request subscription information.

If you are already a member, please log in to view this content.